The deadline for the Winter 07 issue is November 24.
Send submissions to LelandQuarterly@gmail.com
- Leland publishes three times per year. We accept submissions on a rolling basis throughout the year. Submissions will be reviewed September through June, and we will do our best to respond within 6 to 8 weeks.
- All submissions to Leland must be original, unpublished work. please mention if you are submitting to other magazines simultaneously or if your work has received or is being considered for an award.
- Leland accepts and encourages submissions in a wide range of disciplines, including: fiction, poetry, art, creative nonfiction (e.g. memoir, campus culture, student life), reviews (books, movies, music) and political essays (full-length investigative pieces).
- The editors of Leland are concerned first and foremost with the quality of expression exhibited in a work, and not in the genre of work itself. Our goal is to have quality content across a breadth of disciplines, so please do not be afraid to innovate in your submissions.
- There is no expectation in terms of length of essays, poems, or fiction.
- Leland accepts submissions exclusively from current Stanford undergraduates.
- We encourage multiple submissions for as many issues to which you would like to contribute. That said, we request that you send in no more than 6 poems at a time and a maximum of 4 longer pieces.
- All submissions are judged anonymously by the editors.